FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA won't check luggage through with OW partner
Old Jan 22, 2006, 10:07 am
dia15222

Programs: LH SEN, QF PS, Sixt , Bahn,...
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi Moscowflyer,

It certainly seems to be a BA issue ( although bmi has taken the same appraoch- separate tickets even on to another *A flight= no through tagging). Last year connected VS-BA at LGW and was able to get VS to tag my bags MCO-LGW(VS)-EDI(BA) but would not have been able to do it in reverse.

Regards

TBS
My experience is that BA is the Problem.
We managed to check Bags through form Lufthansa to BA. But it was only possible that we had a Paper Ticket. If it would have been an electronic ticket they are not allowed because the First check-in cannot validate the ticket (Has no access to the Ticket-Database). The Check In Agent told that this regulation was quite new and made by BA!

Checking through form QF (MEL-FRA) to LH (FRA-MUC on LH as a seperate Booking) was possible by showing the Check-In a Booking-Confirmation of the electronic Ticket.

My experience is that Electronic tickets are easier when you stay in one Alliance but are hell if you interline between other Airlines.