FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Parking @ DTW
Thread: Parking @ DTW
View Single Post
Old Jan 16, 2006, 1:16 pm
DanJ

This looks as good a place as any to ask this. We are flying out of DTW on NW this Friday. Depending on traffic and weather, we should arrive in the aiport area around noon for a 315pm flight (we have a couple hour drive, and a border crossing to do, so we are leaving hopefully early enough LOL).

We have 4 adults with luggage. My plan was to park at the big blue deck, assuming they have any $6 spots left, and take the shuttle over to McNamara. Would it be better to drop 3 off with all the luggage at the terminal, then I go park and take the shuttle back, or better for all of us to go to the parking and shuttle over to McNamara together? I plan to check-in online before leaving here, but I don't know the procedure for luggage check in at the terminal. Does curbside really mean curbside, or will we have to carry to somewhere else if we aren't parking at the McNamara deck? The diagram on the airport website indicates luggage check-in on level 6 of the parking deck, but I don't know where this relates to if I was driving up, dropping off, and leaving to go back to the big blue deck.