FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Gatwick: How long from train to NWA Check-IN
Old Jan 14, 2006, 7:07 am
baccarat_king

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by LUMRS
OLCI on nwa.com is also a time-saving option when flying from Gatwick.
Unless something has changed since I used OLCI for Gatwick in November of 2005 --- It is totally useless.

I used OLCI in London, which produced a boarding pass which says that you must go to check-in and have your documents verified (and that you CANNOT PROCEED TO SECURITY WITH THE BOARDING PASS). My assumption [wrong] was that this would be just a cursory review of my boarding card and passport. Instead, you have to wait on the same prescreen and check-in line [it was the WBC / Elite Line and not very long - around 10 minutes] -- at which point, when you get to the agent [who was actually quite nice and made sure I had the expedited security and lounge pass since I was travling WBC] they rip up you OLCI boarding pass, and check you in and print out new boarding cards; she even mentioned "we don't use those boarding cards from OLCI..."

So, basically from what I could see... it was a total waste of time having the OLCI boarding card.. no time saving at all, and it served no purpose [that I could see] at all.

---- Michael