FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - As of 345pm, only one DH flight in the sky
Old Jan 9, 2006, 2:39 am
mtm767

Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Using http://www.flightaware.com it appears that flight 923 from SJU is the only Independence Air flight left with IAD as the destination. The last flight before this one was flight 1535 from CHS landing at 328pm.
I was on this nearly full flight, coming back from 1 day trip to SJU after getting a hold of a free r/t voucher at the last minute.

We were a little late, but otherwise everything was remarkably smooth from check-in to landing, making it hard to believe the airline was on it’s last few breaths. The F/A’s maintained their professionalism throughout and were in good cheer. I had a nice laugh with one of them. After I declined on the mints she asked: “Are you sure? They’re going to be collector’s items!”

The pilots mentioned three times during various announcements that not only would it be their last flight on DH, but last flight ever. (They’re young too – the captain late 40’s or so and the F/O late 30’s-early 40’s.). And they went out in style, making one of the most perfect landings I’ve experienced. The passengers applauded.

You could tell it was a sad moment for the entire flight crew as they said their goodbyes to the passengers. It was for me too.