Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Independence Air iClub
Reload this Page >

As of 345pm, only one DH flight in the sky

Old Jan 5, 2006, 1:51 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

Using http://www.flightaware.com it appears that flight 923 from SJU is the only Independence Air flight left with IAD as the destination. The last flight before this one was flight 1535 from CHS landing at 328pm.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 2:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
There is one leaving HPN at 7:25 pm tonight I believe, the last DH flight.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA1K
i wonder what the A concource was like at IAD today.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 2:23 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

I have no idea how accurate the data at Flightaware is but it doesn't show anymore DH activity arriving into IAD from anywhere else (except the A319 from SJU) at all.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 3:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
The last flight is indeed DH1776 (fitting), leaving HPN at 7:26 and arriving at IAD shortly after 8:30.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 6:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, HH Gold, AA Gold, UA3P, DL proletariat, proud Costco Executive member
NO! 687 from TPA is due at 8:52PM!

It appears that DH687 is running late and will be the LAST FlyI flight. DH1777 is still due at 8:24. Our local ABC station just did a promo that the last flight has landed. Again, a case of hype vs fact!
Old Jan 5, 2006, 6:52 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Thanks

I like the Flight Aware site, it seems to provide more comprehensive tracking information than some of the other sites. For example:
*it shows the proposed route of flight;
*In one screen, you can see how a flight did over several days which could help you guess if the flight is usually on time or delayed;
etc.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 6:13 am

Programs: United 1K
Thanks for the flight aware website.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 7:15 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
I too was going to try to take a DH flight on one of its last days, but other trips and work got the best of me. It was sad last night not to be on one of the flights. Can anyone advise what it was like flying in the last 2 days?
Old Jan 8, 2006, 1:47 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, United Club Life Member, UA *S
Originally Posted by L1011...N/StoHNL!
It appears that DH687 is running late and will be the LAST FlyI flight. DH1777 is still due at 8:24. Our local ABC station just did a promo that the last flight has landed. Again, a case of hype vs fact!
I was on DH 635 MCO-IAD and it was running more than an hour late. Onboard they initially said we would be the last into IAD just after 8:30pm. But it turned out that 687 from TPA was running even later than we were.
Old Jan 8, 2006, 2:09 pm

Report Please

Hi,
Can you report what it was like being on a flight the last day? Did the agents or crew talk about it in their announcements, or in talking to pax? Did most pax seem to be talking about it? Was the whole feel of being on the flight and in the terminal different, sad, or something else? What made this flight seem different, or was it nearly like any flight you've taken before?
Old Jan 9, 2006, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Using http://www.flightaware.com it appears that flight 923 from SJU is the only Independence Air flight left with IAD as the destination. The last flight before this one was flight 1535 from CHS landing at 328pm.
I was on this nearly full flight, coming back from 1 day trip to SJU after getting a hold of a free r/t voucher at the last minute.

We were a little late, but otherwise everything was remarkably smooth from check-in to landing, making it hard to believe the airline was on it’s last few breaths. The F/A’s maintained their professionalism throughout and were in good cheer. I had a nice laugh with one of them. After I declined on the mints she asked: “Are you sure? They’re going to be collector’s items!”

The pilots mentioned three times during various announcements that not only would it be their last flight on DH, but last flight ever. (They’re young too – the captain late 40’s or so and the F/O late 30’s-early 40’s.). And they went out in style, making one of the most perfect landings I’ve experienced. The passengers applauded.

You could tell it was a sad moment for the entire flight crew as they said their goodbyes to the passengers. It was for me too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.