FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lets pretend we are not going out of biz
View Single Post
Old Dec 22, 2005, 2:58 am
Mrp Alert

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by 777Brian
If Mesa buys DH I would suspect that they would return DH to its roots as a feeder carrier for the legacy carieers. Aren't there rules in the contract of United's and Delta's pilots and such about allowing regional carriers to fly jets only smaller than say 100 or 70 seats. Won't the 319s have to be dispossed of should mesa aquire DH. I don't think DH would try to launch their own carrier I think we have seen how sucsessful it is to try to make the move from regional carrier to a "real" airlines. For the sake of the employees though I hope a decision is made quickly. It has to be tough to be going to work for the last several months not knowing what was happening. I also suspect United will raise fares in IAD, because many of the current fares are unprofitable, but hopefully the fares will be set at a more resonable level.
Mesa already operates its own branded carrier Mesa Airlines. I saw their ticket counter in ABQ last week.