FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Embassy Suites Boston - at Logan Airport {US-MA}
Old Dec 15, 2005, 12:32 pm
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF
I would agree with your assessments of this property.

There is no free alcohol at Manager's reception because of MA state law against offering free alcoholic beverages. That said, they do have a full bar and a decent beer selection.

The lack of free alcohol is made up by the food spread available. Most ES have only salty nibbles or popcorn. At this property, it's more like an Executive Lounge -- cheese and crackers, crudite, two hot snacks, plus the salty snacks.

The free breakfast does end earlierthan most ES on weekdays -- 9am. I belive it's 10:30a on weekends.

Dining choices are limited unless you take the T into the city. And its only a five minute walk to the station -- although I'm not sure I would recommend walking alone at night because the area seemed questionable and is somewhat isolated. As stated, there is a shuttle, but they usually hit the air terminals first, so walking is usually quicker.

I agree that the Hilton is preferred since you can walk to it thru Central Parking and sky bridges; they have better/broader dining choices; and they have the Serenity beds. That said, the ES is always cheaper and its a personal call whether the rate difference justifies the service/amenity differences.