FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Embassy Suites Boston - at Logan Airport {US-MA}
Old Dec 12, 2005, 9:55 pm
theblakefish

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Cool Embassy Suites Boston Logan Airport (Report Card)

I just finished with a stay at the Embassy Suites Boston Logan Airport on Friday 12/09, and I wanted to give an update on the property.

First off, I was completely stranded by the thundersnow…something that we don’t have out in El Paso! Needless to say, the Logan Airport Hilton, which I have stayed in once before – excellent property -- is much nicer than the ES. That being said, the $89 rate on a Friday couldn’t be beat. ^

The rooms were pretty good, standard ES accommodations…bathroom was a bit larger than normal, but it was the lobby that surprised me. Why do places “up North” light their large public spaces like they are high school gymnasiums? The lobby of this ES looked like a hanger-cum-gym, with extremely bright lights and very high ceilings so that I thought a hoops game was going to break out! Seriously, it was nice and airy, a nice change to the 2 feet of snow and wind outside.

When I asked the front desk about the lack f alcohol at the manager’s reception, I just got an “Uh…breakfast is at 630.” What’s up with that? I guess it’s those wacky blue staters! Anyways, I went out to dinner with a friend, and came back for a few bourbon-and-cokes, and was pleasantly surprised to find the place jumpin! A lot of probably stranded folks just-a-boozin it up, ^ with last call being at a respectable 1130pm. The shuttle runs every 15 minutes to Logan and the airport T-station, and I never waited for more than 3-5 minutes for it or a cab the next day. ^

Overall, I still would recommend the Hilton over the ES, but if you are stuck there, you’ll be fine. :-: Grade: 81/100