FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Year-End Report: My Upgrades, Not That You'd Necessarily Care
Old Dec 10, 2005, 10:25 am
salex

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
It's nice to know someone is getting EUAs. Except for upgrades from Y fares, as a silver elite, I have received no EUAs this year. Flying transcon, I haven't even been able to use miles to upgrade on a couple of occasions. Tuesday after Thanksgiving, I was told (a few weeks ahead of time) that I had a good chance of an EUA so waitlisted my wife for a miles upgrade and figured I'd get the EUA. She sat in the front while I sat in back.

Finally, yesterday, I flew EWR-PHX to see Mom and rack up those last few miles to make gold. continental.com was claiming that there were seats in F for sale up until the time I left for the airport, so I figured the usual high ratio of tourists to business travelers around the holidays might work for me. I get to the airport and am told that F checked in full. Oh well. Then, just before the door closes, the FA invites a 4 stripe captain to move up to 1E. I don't know if there was another elite ahead of me on the waitlist, but I figure that was someone's EUA for the year.

Well, F isn't showing sold out on the way home. Maybe then.