FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reviews difficult for most to access
View Single Post
Old Dec 5, 2005, 8:35 am
anonplz
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Spiff
Perhaps it should be done in Omni and not elsewhere?
I guess so - I mean, a member takes the time to submit a personal review of a film for lots of reasons, one of which is probably in order to give something back to the community here. If that contribution doesn't make it to its intended audience, then it's a lost opportunity.

FT reviews could work, but you should be able to get to a listing of all film reviews within a maximum of two clicks from the www.flyertalk.com homepage.

As it stands now, it takes three clicks: 1) click on "Forums" or "Travel and Dining" (and the second choice is assuming that you know that it's located within Travel and Dining); 2) a. if you click on forums, you must review a complete listing of the 31 default FT forums to find "FT Reviews", or b. the forum hyperlink is the second one listed under "Travel and Dining"; and 3) it is not all that intuitive that you can see a listing of all film reviews (which have been submitted to date) by leaving the search field blank and hitting the search button. Additionally, there is no way that I am aware of to add the FT Review forum to your favorites/My Flyertalk.

What kind of changes would be constructive?

At one time there was a banner linking to FT reviews located prominently at the top of each forum - that is now probably ad space, but giving it more prominence would help draw people in.

When you click on FT Reviews, it should pull up not just search/submit features, but a visible listing of the most recent reviews for each section.

Last, it should be possible to add FT Reviews to My Flyertalk.

So please accept this constructive criticism from one of that forum's fans.