FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Going to Israel after other Middle East Travel - Problems with Israeli Immigration?
Old Nov 29, 2005, 10:23 pm
Jakebeth

Programs: AA, UA, DL, LUV, SPG, HHonors, Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by alex0683de
Because I am 99+% sure they won't do it - they require visas and all sorts of other stuff. They probably don't have a system to deal with this sort of request in place either. Besides, they'll probably want to know why, and if I tell them I still want to go to Israel - well, that's probably enough for them to deny me entry.

Since they consider entering Israel a crime, announcing your intention to commit said "crime" to them doesn't seem like a particularly good idea to me...
I'd be quite surprised if craz wasn't joking.

For what it's worth, I would travel ready to explain exactly why you were in those countries, and not assume you can get away with a basic response like "just visiting". If they do decide to ask you questions, they're going to want answers they can get really comfortable with. I, for example, know a doctor who's been to Lebanon to speak at a medical conference. I'm certain that he'd be able to explain that to their satisfaction. And for better or worse, it will almost certainly help if you have an Israeli with whom they can speak who will vouch for you.