FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mild Warning on Date Changes On Partner Award Tickets (Well, CX At Least)
Old Nov 7, 2005, 6:45 am
honu

Originally Posted by justageek
Yes, definitely this applies to all changes to award tickets. The ways I double-check that the ticket has been reissued are (1) make sure I get a new email confirmation (which is sent when the ticket is re-issued, which is why it usually doesn't come for a few hours after you make the change) and (2) check the ticketing date when I click on the PNR in "My Reservations" to make sure it shows the new date.
Just recently I had to make a date change on a OW award (the CX segments). Upon checking "my reservations" online at aa.com it appeared that everything was in order. However, a few weeks later, I called to verify a few schedule changes to other segments, and I was told by the AAgent that, while the itinerary showed the new CX dates, the e-ticket itself didn't. It took a dozen of phone calls over about three weeks to get the AAward straightened out. Somehow, they kept telling me that it would be done "in the next 2-3 days", but then nothing would happen. Luckily, travel doesn't start for a few more months, but I'm glad that I found the problem this early.