FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OLCI didn't work for me
View Single Post
Old Oct 19, 2005, 5:21 am
dddc

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by Albatross710
Rang BA and it turns out that because I have a domestic QF flight on my booking (first leg) before the SYD-LHR BA flight the OLCI does not work for me.

Understandable reason given that it will apparently be Qantas that will be checking me all the way when I check in domestically (can't wait to see that).
This has been going on for quite some time, at least in all the time I've been living over here. Way back when, Ansett had no problems booking me all the way through on KLM flights (don't recall any aliances with them then) and of course Qantas domestic have no problem transferring you onto BA flights.

In fact last time, I don't know how it happened but I got to the checkin at Brisbane and said I was catching BA10 to London from Sydney and he checked my bags through and gave me the bag tag. On board the domestic leg I realised I was on BA16 (I came in via BA9/BKK). I had to go to the check in desk there and explain my situation. They found the bag and got it onto my flight!! The original tag on my luggage was crossed out and BA16 written on it instead!!

I assume that as your flights are on the same PNR and the same day, you won't be able to check in for the second same day leg until you've checked in for the first. This might be a saftey feature to make sure people travel on their scheduled flights and not miss segments, for what ever reason!