Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OLCI didn't work for me

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2005, 12:20 am
Original Poster

OLCI didn't work for me

I've been waiting anxiously to try the OLCI functionality on ba.com. A month ago MMB and seat allocation went well and that OLCI link was just waiting to be clicked at the right time. At -23:50 hrs to takeoff I clicked the link only to find I couldn't check-in but got sorry, "proceed to airport" .

Rang BA and it turns out that because I have a domestic QF flight on my booking (first leg) before the SYD-LHR BA flight the OLCI does not work for me.

Understandable reason given that it will apparently be Qantas that will be checking me all the way when I check in domestically (can't wait to see that).

Maybe a website upgrade could leave that option greyed outon bookings which are not going to be elligible for OLCI.

I'll try again periodically over the next day to see if it does work for me.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 5:21 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by Albatross710
Rang BA and it turns out that because I have a domestic QF flight on my booking (first leg) before the SYD-LHR BA flight the OLCI does not work for me.

Understandable reason given that it will apparently be Qantas that will be checking me all the way when I check in domestically (can't wait to see that).
This has been going on for quite some time, at least in all the time I've been living over here. Way back when, Ansett had no problems booking me all the way through on KLM flights (don't recall any aliances with them then) and of course Qantas domestic have no problem transferring you onto BA flights.

In fact last time, I don't know how it happened but I got to the checkin at Brisbane and said I was catching BA10 to London from Sydney and he checked my bags through and gave me the bag tag. On board the domestic leg I realised I was on BA16 (I came in via BA9/BKK). I had to go to the check in desk there and explain my situation. They found the bag and got it onto my flight!! The original tag on my luggage was crossed out and BA16 written on it instead!!

I assume that as your flights are on the same PNR and the same day, you won't be able to check in for the second same day leg until you've checked in for the first. This might be a saftey feature to make sure people travel on their scheduled flights and not miss segments, for what ever reason!
Old Oct 19, 2005, 5:29 am
Original Poster

It makes sense

I can understand why my booking may be more complicated that a direct flight but from an customer inteface perhaps there could be some sort of IT filter which says "if first leg not BA then do not display OCLI link".

I must admit doesn't overley concern me, I was more interested in having a look at the flexibility and capability.

Also interesting the "reminder "email I received today on the level of "standardisation" of the letter. I think it could be more customised at least recognising which country I'm leaving from instead of also giving USA related info.

I was impressed in the email that I finally found out which bus to catch between T4 & T1.

Now, back to the bag packing.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 5:42 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

The 'proceed to airport' message is consistent with my attempts to check-in on a ticket issued by AA.com. If your ticket number (that 13 digit one) begins with anything other than 125-xxxxxxxxxx then its unlikely that OLCI will work for you.

Frustrating isn't it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.