FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}
Old Oct 15, 2005, 3:11 am
cjd

Originally Posted by sharptalk
They have called 3 times in last than 2 weeks. They sent a letter with blurry pictures in black and white and a bill for $195. Yesterday they had a "police officer" call. I asked for written details of the investigation, his name and badge number. He wouldn't give me the info and told me to call someone at the hotel at a certain extension as he was only doing the hotel a courtesy. My lawyer called that number to make further inquiries and was given the run around. (It was the hotel's number.) There was no damage in the room when we checked in or out. Also, we have pictures we took of the suite and we realized last night that the furniture in the 2 pictures is not the same. Our charge card has not been billed yet.
I received an unknown charge on my credit card from a Hampton Inn last year. Upon checking with HHonors and eventually Hilton Corporation, I was told the charge was for damage in the room. Allegedly, there was damage to a picture and we had placed the microwave in the bath! Complete and utter nonsense. After several e-mails disputing these accusations and the fact they charged them to my credit card without any reference or explanation to me at all, I was refunded the charges and also refunded the room rate for my stay as I was 100% dissatisfied with my stay at that Hampton Inn after that ridiculous saga. It does however show that hotels make mistakes and can easily charge credit cards whatever they want. Getting these errors corrected is a lot of hassle on our part when they shouldn't occur in the first place.