FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring {US-MD}
Old Oct 13, 2005, 8:06 am
SpeedRicer

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Uniter
I stayed there last night and had a rather good stay.

I checked in and asked for an upgrade. I was told they did have a suite, but it was double beds only. I like a suite, so I took it. The suite was small, but two rooms and fit my needs. As others have mentioned, the bathrooms looked a bit rundown, but the sheets, towels, linens were all nice and soft and comfortable.

I received two passed for complementary FULL breakfast. This isn't much, but the continental alone would be really crappy. I'll save the other pass for another time, I guess. There was no executive lounge or executive floor.

The neighborhood is really fun ... lots of stuff open late and lots of good restaurants within 2 blocks (Austin Grill, Ceviche, Starbucks, Cold Stone Creamery, Phillips Seafood, Baja Fresh, Panera, and lots more). Plus, two movie theatres (one artsy, one not), a Borders bookstore, and other shopping. It's about 4-5 blocks to the Metro, but not a bad walk.

Anyway, a decent stay and the cost is usually much less than DC hotels.
I agree -- I've stayed there a few times, and have always been assigned a junior suite. No executive lounge still, so you would receive coupons for breakfast downstairs.

The only thing that was annoying is that parking as far as I can tell is mandatory valet -- and often times in the morning, they can be quite swamped/understaffed with getting the cars out on time.

Other than that though, I thought it was a good hotel that takes care of HHonors elites. ^