Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring {US-MD}

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring {US-MD}

Old Feb 13, 02, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring {US-MD}

I know that I just saw this either on Hilton.com or via the Hilton promo e-mail...

anyone remember what it was?

I can't find it on the site anymore...
Old Feb 13, 02, 12:01 pm
Original Member

When did Hilton open a location in Silver Spring MD?

Old Feb 13, 02, 12:13 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GeorgeJ:
When did Hilton open a location in Silver Spring MD?
</font>
Unless I'm mistaken, it happened in November 2001. Hilton Silver Spring is a renovated Town Center Hotel.
Old Feb 13, 02, 12:15 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by EWR-COflyer:
I know that I just saw this either on Hilton.com or via the Hilton promo e-mail...

anyone remember what it was?

I can't find it on the site anymore...
</font>
It was a triple miles (or triple points, not completely sure) promo (through 2/29/02).

[This message has been edited by Eugene (edited 02-13-2002).]
Old Feb 13, 02, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

this is unreal... after several minutes on the phone w/ HHonors they found the promo... it is triple miles...

I was told it needs to be booked in "H1". But, there is no H1 listed for booking online...

that's where the fun starts... the agent told me that she was going to research it for me and advised me that I would be on hold for 3 minutes... she came back and said that I need to talk w/ Member support, I was tranferred... I explained the promo to her and she was totally clueless and told me that I need to talk with the Internet desk...

I spoke w/ that guy and he told me that I need to talk with reservations or the HHonors desk... UGH!!! this was 10 mintues of getting bounced around on the phone... still not resolved!

this is not worth it!
Old Feb 13, 02, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

OK. All is well!

I went to hilton.com and used the "Push to Talk" function... my phone rang almost immediately and the agent on the other end of the phone was great. [See... I'll give credit where credit is due ]

He went ahead and signed me up for the promo... the rate was $2 more than what I had reserved and I get triple miles AND triple points... pretty sweet...
Old Feb 13, 02, 4:48 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
I got a $107 US rate for a weekday late February, what rate did you get for H1?
Old Feb 13, 02, 5:09 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by EWR-COflyer:
I was told it needs to be booked in "H1". But, there is no H1 listed for booking online...</font>
FWIW, requirement of being booked in H1 (or similar) is quite typical for those special offers, and you are absolutely correct, there is no H1 listed when you book online. If you are set on getting online booking bonus, make a reservation for a standard rate online, then contact Hilton (or hotel directly) and ask to change your reservation to H1 rate without changing the confirmation number.

Old Feb 13, 02, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BlondeBomber:
I got a $107 US rate for a weekday late February, what rate did you get for H1?</font>
$109
Old Feb 13, 02, 5:23 pm
Original Member

Love it--thanks for the information. I phoned and got mine "upgraded" too! Not bad for $2.00. Why I love this board. It is just an H1-HHonors package and doesn't seem to have any other codes.
Old Mar 2, 02, 4:56 pm
Original Member

"only" regular miles (ie regular double miles promo) posted for my late Feb stay on H1 rate.

What is experience of others who stayed at this rate?

[This message has been edited by BlondeBomber (edited 03-02-2002).]
Old Mar 2, 02, 5:06 pm
Original Member

http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir...item_id=223343

gives link to Hilton promo mentioning triple miles if anyone needs confirmation that this existed from official source.
Old Mar 2, 02, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BlondeBomber:
What is experience of others who stayed at this rate?</font>
Only "regular" points for me I called the HH Service Center and was greeted by the most obnoxious MF'er on earth.

I told him about the triple points, etc... he said this is a hotel promo and I need to call them directly. When I politely pushed him a little bit for some customer service he started getting chippy and short w/ me.

Then I asked about my 1,000 internet bonus for another res... I had (2) reservations booked back to back. One thru a TA and the other from hilton.com. It was a rate issue, not trying to get double stay credit or anything... hilton.com would not offer the rate change that was otherwise available. So I booked one night via a TA and the other on hilton.com. Well it seems that at the hotel then cancelled the second night and just merged it into the non-hilton.com res...

so the guy tells me that my res was cancelled, no points... I had no idea that they cancelled the res, then never said anything at check-in, never got a cx #. So he says "you should keep better track of your reservations." I kid you not, that's what he said. But, it wasn't just that he said it, it was the condecending tone that he took with me. He again told me to take it up with the hotel... seems this guy's job description is to pawn me off on the local hotel mgr.

Then my cell phone cut out otherwise after I got to this guy's supervisor he'd be cleaning toilets at McDonalds or something.

Sorry, back to the point, I haven't called the hotel about this yet.
Old Mar 2, 02, 8:58 pm
Original Member

Good luck!
Old Mar 2, 02, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, after my ranting, I do owe it to the hotel to state that my stay was great and that I would recommend the property to anyone.

Was upgraded to a two-room suite on the 7th floor both times that I stayed there, breakfast coupons were handed to me as I checked in w/o asking. (2) bottles of Perrier and cookies in the room in a nice little wrapped packet for me.

Search this Thread