FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in the Minneapolis-area (General Discussion Thread)
Old Oct 11, 2005, 9:14 am
NoSevens

Programs: AC MM, Starwood Platinum, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
I'm still trying to figure out what parking and scalper questions have to do with Starwood.
Absolutely nothing to do with Starwood, except I'm hoping that someone with local knowledge of the hotels in the area would also know the ins and outs of logistics and ticket availability environment. Parking is very relevant as if it is difficult to get in and out of the area and expensive to park, may forgo my Starwood stay for the sake of convenience.

Similar to many, many other discussions on this forum about local restaurants, attractions, transportation, climate etc. not directly related to Starwood but revolve around a trip.

For example, here in Ottawa, the Westin and Sheraton are not close to the Corel Centre at all, but you end up driving to the arena regardless of where you stay so there's not advantage to staying at a close non-Starwood property. If the game is sold out, don't worry, there's always a bunch of scalpers outside and police generally turn a blind eye.

On the other side of things, I've learned from these forums that even though many San Francisco Giant games are sold out, very easy to get tickets at face value.