Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in the Minneapolis-area (General Discussion Thread)

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in the Minneapolis-area (General Discussion Thread)

Old Apr 21, 02, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Arrow Marriott Bonvoy hotels in the Minneapolis-area (General Discussion Thread)

Need some advice. I'm considering taking a new job with a company that has offices in Bloomington and Minnetonka, MN. I'd have to spend every other week there. Can anyone recommend Starwood properties that will be convenient for me?
Old Apr 21, 02, 6:11 am

Location: KEWR / SPG Plat, HH Diamond, DL Plat, ZE 5*, AA Plat, UA Nobody
Well....seeing that you are from Chicago, I would recommend the W there in Chicago.
Old Apr 22, 02, 8:22 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

There is a Sheraton in Minnetonka. That should be evry convenient for you when in Minnetonka.

There are many convenient, non-SPG properties in Bloomington.

I would not stay at the 4 Points St. Paul. The 4 Points Minneapolis is pretty nice for a 4 Points.

Old Mar 20, 03, 11:38 am

Programs: COdbaUA free, WN A-List, AS MVP Gold, SPG Lifetime Platinum
Minneapolis help

I conducted a search but could not find much. I have styaed at the Sheraton West... not impressed, and not convenient. Anyone have a trip report on the Four Points on Industrial? Should I chance it or just go to Hilton. I know there are a couple nice Hiltons. I have to stay for 9 nights.

Thanks for your help!

Old Mar 20, 03, 12:26 pm

MSP does not offer much for *wood properties. I prefer the MSP downtown Hilton, a large, traditional property with a nice club room.

TF
Old Mar 20, 03, 12:37 pm

Four Points Metrodome is regularly available through Priceline for $28.
Old Mar 20, 03, 1:50 pm

I prefer the 4-points on Hamline to the one on Industrial. On my most recent stay there (at a relatively low rate), I was upgraded to a rather large suite, given a coupon for breakfast buffet, and 3-4 coupons for free drinks at the bar. In addition to the points, there was an amenity (chips, cookies, water, etc.) waiting for me in the room. This was my first stay at this hotel and a very pleasant one. I did not try the restaurant there, but there is a Chevys across the street which one can easily walk to. I have been upgraded to a suite at the one on Industrial as well and it was a usual stay at a 4-points. There is only so much I expect from a room/service at a 4-points.
Old Mar 20, 03, 3:14 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

The one on Industrial is vastly superior to the one off of University.
Old Mar 17, 04, 2:20 pm

Triple Starpoints - Sheraton Bloomington Minneapolis

Just got an email...triple starpoints for stays completed between March 16, 2004 and June 30, 2004. There's no verbage in the email that this is targeted, but it could be.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Enjoy Triple Starpoints® at the new Sheraton Bloomington Hotel, Minneapolis South. There's a new place to stay in the Twin Cities, complete with Sweet Sleeper® beds in every guestroom and all the Sheraton amenities you'd expect. And when you stay by June 30, 2004, you'll earn triple Starpoints. Sheraton Bloomington Hotel is just minutes from both the Mall of America and the airport. So book today and get the most out of your stay in the Twin Cities.</font>
Old Jun 18, 04, 3:48 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member

Lurker...is this targeted or is registration required?
Old Jun 18, 04, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA - LFT GLD 1MM, UA - 2P, SPG - LFT Plat, Hyatt - Plat, HH - Gold, Avis - CHM
no registration required -- i was staying in the hotel from april to may and got triple points automatically....was actually wondering why it was popping up until i saw it in the spg.com promotion pages
Old Jun 18, 04, 6:23 pm

I stayed at this hotel on May 31st. The stay has posted, but not the triple points.
Old Jul 4, 04, 5:05 pm

Programs: BD*G, VS Gold, BA Silver, Priority Club Plat, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Question Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel (Minnetonka)

Has anyone stayed here....any reviews?? I am staying here for business this week. Thanks.
Old Jul 4, 04, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
I just stayed there last week for one night on business....the staff was outstanding!!! Very warm greeting, and recognized my platinum status and upgraded me to a club level room. The hotel was spotless! The club room has complimentary wine and beer and appetizers, that were pretty nice. The breakfast was a bit on the scarce side but more than acceptable. They have high speed internet access for $10.60/day.All together, I was VERY pleased with my stay...oh yeah and as an added bonus, they give platinum members a $5 gift certificate to be used anywhere in the hotel, I thought that was a nice touch.
Old Jul 5, 04, 12:03 am

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
A very nice hotel

I like the Sheraton Minnetonka very much. As bsdstone says, the staff is great. Rooms are clean and well kept. Pretty large indoor pool. Club level has club lounge which has PC with high speed (free). I think the $5 coupon is extended to non-Plats as well. I got one as a lowly gold. Nice property.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: