FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}
Old Oct 10, 2005, 12:00 pm
OCTraveler

Programs: HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, AA Gold
Just Returned on 10/7

Originally Posted by MBM3
I am curious to know about the actual level of construction/refurbishment - I just made a reservation for early November and got a notice that something was going on but everything would be open.
Just returned from my 3rd annual stay at the HWV on an ALON2 cert. As there are plenty of other trip reports on this site, thought I would just give a quick construction update. Upon check-in was assigned a typical room in the Palace tower since that is where the Gold Lounge is. I prefer either of the other towers to the Palace and requested another room. Because I have 2 small children, we have typically requested a 1st floor room in Ocean tower facing golf course/putting course so that we can open the slider and let the kids run around outside. Was told 1st floor in Ocean tower was under construction. 2nd Floor in Lagoon Tower was also closed for tile work. Ended up with a nice room in the Lagoon Tower overlooking the Dolphins. Saw very little construction. The buffet restaurant was closed for a few nights, but was open again by the time we left. Rooms have been updated with new furnishings and bedding. So other than some specifc floors being closed, we really didn't notice any construction. Service was excellent, no doubt helped by the fact that the resort was less than 60% occupied.