FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in the Minneapolis-area (General Discussion Thread)
Old Oct 8, 2005, 6:55 am
bigjim

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
So-so experience

Just returned from a one night stay at this hotel. Was upgraded to 7th floor Club Level. Executive Lounge was nice - note: the lounge attendant said that there is a 2 limit drink limit and they don't have the ability to sell you more that you have to go downstairs to the main bar. I don't have a problem with that. Food was very good - steak tips in pastry, crab cakes, cheese/fruit/veggies, cookies.

The actual room was ok. I was at the end of the hallway next to the EMPTY Executive suite. The furnishings appeared to have been pulled out of about 10 different hotel rooms and thrown into mine - none of the furniture matched, none of the lamps matched but it all appeared to be decent quality stuff. The room was large. My only complaints are that too much light came in around the doorway at night and the inability to adjust the temperature in the room beyong about a 5 degree range. It apparently is some type of centralized heating/cooling system and while there was a thermostat, the temp doesn't change a whole lot in the room.

The work out area is nice AND completely empty at 5:30 p.m., which I found to be very unusual - but not complaining. The hotel feels a lot more like a 4 Points than a Sheraton to me.