FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Taca is the Pits
View Single Post
Old Sep 19, 2005, 4:38 pm
SAPMAN

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Although I wrote more extensively in the "Salones VIP" postings, I will comment on my 6 flights on TACA in the past 8 weeks.

Yes, they have gone downhill. No blankets or pillows even in Busn. for the Central Amer. destinations. Pillows only on the S. Amer. flights. Even attendents dont know why and showed sympathy. But they do keep cabin warmer (so no jacket needed) -- but a bit too warm for me.

We did have good service. Drinks before take-off and after. Warm nuts on flights. Meals were so-so -- so good to take a snack for yourself. Surely not much for Busn Class, except a slightly larger seat. Think domestic first class on a short haul flight.

Movies are old. Still deplane by stairs at some destinations, incl. SJO and Lima!

Agents at SJO were very helpful. I bought a chair in a box and wanted to check it in on my connection from EZE to LAX. No problem as I only had 3 check ins for the 2 of us to that point.

In every case, they did board Busn. Class first.... but if you go on a bus first, it does not matter much.

Planes were clean.

Yes TACA is not a great airline, but the people we dealt with were friendly and helpful. Hope you do the Santiago run and let us know.