FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Double MR for AMEX Gold - Sept 1 - Oct 31
Old Sep 5, 2005, 7:36 am
aaronma

Programs: NW Plat Elite, SPG Gold, National Emerald Club
Double MR for AMEX Gold - Sept 1 - Oct 31

I didn't see this posted, so I thought I'd come out of my cave and post:

Link to Registration

Enroll now to start earning double points on virtually every dollar you spend. You can earn Membership Rewards® bonus points on every eligible purchase you make with your American Express® Rewards Card from September 1 — October 31, 2005. For additional information see the terms and conditions below.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
* Enrollment required. To earn double points for your spending from September 1 through October 31, 2005, you must be enrolled in the promotion as well as in the Membership Rewards Options® program, or Membership Rewards® program at the time of purchase and must charge your purchases on an eligible, enrolled American Express® Rewards Plus Gold Card, Preferred Rewards Gold Card, or Rewards Gold Card. You will earn one additional point on top of the two points you already earn for purchases at stand-alone supermarkets, drugstores, gas stations, the U.S. Postal Service, and for payments for wireless phone bills (excluding bulk purchases of wireless time). Not valid in the departments of superstores and warehouse clubs. Bonus points will be credited to your Membership Rewards account within 12-14 weeks after charges appear on your monthly billing statement. Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards Options program, or Membership Rewards program apply. Visit americanexpress.com/mroptions or americanexpress.com/rewards for full program Terms and Conditions. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice. POID: D986:0002 Bonus ID 6311. ©2005 American Express.

The question now is, do we get double points for all other spending (outside of the supermarkets, drugstores, etc.?). I think it does, it just restricts the 'double' points to one additional point for those that already have 2 points/$.