Double MR for AMEX Gold - Sept 1 - Oct 31

Old Sep 5, 2005, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: NW Plat Elite, SPG Gold, National Emerald Club
Double MR for AMEX Gold - Sept 1 - Oct 31

I didn't see this posted, so I thought I'd come out of my cave and post:

Link to Registration

Enroll now to start earning double points on virtually every dollar you spend. You can earn Membership Rewards® bonus points on every eligible purchase you make with your American Express® Rewards Card from September 1 — October 31, 2005. For additional information see the terms and conditions below.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
* Enrollment required. To earn double points for your spending from September 1 through October 31, 2005, you must be enrolled in the promotion as well as in the Membership Rewards Options® program, or Membership Rewards® program at the time of purchase and must charge your purchases on an eligible, enrolled American Express® Rewards Plus Gold Card, Preferred Rewards Gold Card, or Rewards Gold Card. You will earn one additional point on top of the two points you already earn for purchases at stand-alone supermarkets, drugstores, gas stations, the U.S. Postal Service, and for payments for wireless phone bills (excluding bulk purchases of wireless time). Not valid in the departments of superstores and warehouse clubs. Bonus points will be credited to your Membership Rewards account within 12-14 weeks after charges appear on your monthly billing statement. Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards Options program, or Membership Rewards program apply. Visit americanexpress.com/mroptions or americanexpress.com/rewards for full program Terms and Conditions. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice. POID: D986:0002 Bonus ID 6311. ©2005 American Express.

The question now is, do we get double points for all other spending (outside of the supermarkets, drugstores, etc.?). I think it does, it just restricts the 'double' points to one additional point for those that already have 2 points/$.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 12:00 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
thanks! enrolled
Old Sep 5, 2005, 12:14 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
We're Sorry. The account number entered is not eligible for this promotion as it is available only to those Cardmembers who were solicited. Please try again with another Card or call the Customer Service number on the back of your Card for more information. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 12:18 pm

Programs: DL GM, CO, SWA
Targeted Offer

Thanks for the thought but I tried this link and was rejected. It's came back as "for solicited cardmembers only".
Old Sep 5, 2005, 6:27 pm

Programs: LH, DL/NW, US, HHon, SPG
Unhappy

It's also not valid for a regular gold card enrolled in Membership Rewards. It appears to be targeted at a very small audience.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 8:27 am

Programs: DL Plat, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SeoulMan
It's also not valid for a regular gold card enrolled in Membership Rewards. It appears to be targeted at a very small audience.
no luck here either
Old Sep 8, 2005, 7:36 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, LH Senator, UA Premier Executive, RG Diamante
no way ........
Old Sep 8, 2005, 8:57 am

Programs: PC Gold; SPG AAA; HiHo Silver; Hrtz Gld; Emld Clb; UA NWA NoBody; VA EleVAte; WN MooMoo
It worked for someone I know.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 10:57 am

It worked for me guys.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 2:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Worked for me.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 3:38 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
Man, why is it that I am never eligible for any single promotion

Maybe it's time to cancel this card

Are my MR points protected by having them linked to a corporate card?
Old Sep 8, 2005, 6:10 pm

The green card has the same promotion:

https://www109.americanexpress.com/d...ype=greenbonus

I wasn't targeted (at least I don't remember getting anything on it), but I tried it and it worked for me - got an e-mail confirmation.

What I've found more than a few times in the past is that if you change the card color/type in a promotion page's URL, you can get a corresponding promotion for other types of cards.

Last edited by singlemalt; Sep 9, 2005 at 5:07 am
Old Sep 8, 2005, 7:08 pm

Programs: United 1P, Delta GM, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver
Green registration worked for me!

Originally Posted by singlemalt

I wasn't targeted, but I tried it and it worked for me - got an e-mail confirmation.

What I've found more than a few times in the past is that if you change the card color/type in a promotion page's URL, you can get a corresponding promotion for other types of cards.
Worked for me too.

First post in the AMEX forum too!
Old Sep 8, 2005, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by singlemalt

I wasn't targeted, but I tried it and it worked for me - got an e-mail confirmation.

Presumably then you mst have that other card too, or will it register the cart that was originally declined?
Old Sep 9, 2005, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by lessthanzero
Presumably then you must have that other card too, or will it register the card that was originally declined?
No, I don't have the gold card - just the green one, which I registered. Whenever I find an Amex promo (even for a card I don't have), I'll play with the URL to see if my other cards work (also have Starwood, HH and DL plat cards). It worked before (see post #6 in this thread):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=456960

Last edited by singlemalt; Sep 9, 2005 at 5:05 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.