FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Merger Video / Gate Announcement / DEN Changes (?)
Old Sep 4, 2005, 12:30 pm
US @ DEN

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Merger Video / Gate Announcement / DEN Changes (?)

Not sure if this has been posted or not: On my flights yesterday (Sept 3), US78 DEN-CLT and US94 CLT-LGW, US has begun a gate announcement about the merger, as well more information during the in flight video similar to what aired on HP in August. PS: the TA flight was oversold by 32 -- full boat.

Also, as we were boarding, the captain announced that the newly painted plane was coming our way -- and sure enough my first view of the new livery as it passed the A330 on its way to a gate at CLT -- I agree with some others -- it looks better in person than in the photos.

No news on what the ticket counter / gate configuration will be in Denver. I do not believe gates 43, 45 could handle all of the DEN flights (incl. regional jets) of the new US, but I prefer this location to HP's at the opposite end of Terminal C. There was talk when F9 and UA were fighting over slots / expansion at DEN that US may move to be with the other *A carriers in Term B, but the resolution kept things relatively the same.

Using the RCC in DEN as *G for TA flights is still a pain in the butt -- only 50% of the attendants know what the deal is and grant access, others require an explanation of how it works - and they don't like being wrong.

Last edited by US @ DEN; Sep 4, 2005 at 12:38 pm