Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Merger Video / Gate Announcement / DEN Changes (?)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2005, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Merger Video / Gate Announcement / DEN Changes (?)

Not sure if this has been posted or not: On my flights yesterday (Sept 3), US78 DEN-CLT and US94 CLT-LGW, US has begun a gate announcement about the merger, as well more information during the in flight video similar to what aired on HP in August. PS: the TA flight was oversold by 32 -- full boat.

Also, as we were boarding, the captain announced that the newly painted plane was coming our way -- and sure enough my first view of the new livery as it passed the A330 on its way to a gate at CLT -- I agree with some others -- it looks better in person than in the photos.

No news on what the ticket counter / gate configuration will be in Denver. I do not believe gates 43, 45 could handle all of the DEN flights (incl. regional jets) of the new US, but I prefer this location to HP's at the opposite end of Terminal C. There was talk when F9 and UA were fighting over slots / expansion at DEN that US may move to be with the other *A carriers in Term B, but the resolution kept things relatively the same.

Using the RCC in DEN as *G for TA flights is still a pain in the butt -- only 50% of the attendants know what the deal is and grant access, others require an explanation of how it works - and they don't like being wrong.

Last edited by US @ DEN; Sep 4, 2005 at 12:38 pm
Old Sep 4, 2005, 12:34 pm

Gate Announcement

I heard a similar announcement in SAN, but not in SFO on 9/2. The GA went on and on about the new destinations in Mexico and Hawaii--he actually was very enthusiastic.
Old Sep 4, 2005, 1:24 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
Heard the GA announce it for the first time in KC on Friday, followed by the GA and FA in CLT later that same day.
No mention of the new livery just the expanded options for flight service, like Hawaii.
Old Sep 4, 2005, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Does anyone have a link to the new video online? I'd like to compare the HP one with US's version before I take my next flight.
Old Sep 4, 2005, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
Does anyone have a link to the new video online? I'd like to compare the HP one with US's version before I take my next flight.
I don't have a link, but I was not impressed with US's version. I thought AWA's was much much better.
Old Sep 4, 2005, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by USLurker
I don't have a link, but I was not impressed with US's version. I thought AWA's was much much better.
I saw the US version Friday night on PHL-PHX and didn't think it was as nice either. It seemed much more devoid of feeling and seemed to just be informational vs the HP one where I felt they wanted to really invite us into the merger. Of course I just flew in from VCE and spent 3 hours in PHL so I was pretty tired and I'm used to the HP lady from all the HP Safety Messages.

Lance
Old Sep 4, 2005, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by Robertsonland
I saw the US version Friday night on PHL-PHX and didn't think it was as nice either. It seemed much more devoid of feeling and seemed to just be informational vs the HP one where I felt they wanted to really invite us into the merger. Of course I just flew in from VCE and spent 3 hours in PHL so I was pretty tired and I'm used to the HP lady from all the HP Safety Messages.

Lance
Yup, no excitement and devoid of any emotion.
Old Sep 4, 2005, 8:54 pm
CMV

Programs: BA Gold, Delta Gold, UA Gold
Got it at the Shuttle gates today in LGA and agree with the other posters as to the blandness.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 2:13 pm

Programs: US Gold, BA Silver, SPG Plat, Hilton Silver, Marriott Plat, Hertz 1Gold
Can't wait

to fly one of those old school Piedmont painted planes.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 2:58 pm

Programs: Aegean (Gold) American (EP)
Originally Posted by DC FLYERBOY
to fly one of those old school Piedmont painted planes.
Allegheny Air all the way, baby.

What is a lot of fun, is when CS upsets me, and I say, your name maybe "USAirways" but you are no different the Allegheny Air...the CS rep is usually pretty confused.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Announcements

I heard the announcements about the US/HP merger in the gates of DCA, PHL, CLT, and MCO this weekend. And they ran a video hyping the merger on most of my flights this weekend. (I flew on 8 US flights since Friday.)
Old Sep 6, 2005, 7:17 am

Programs: AA PlatPro; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
The FA made a similar announcement after we landed at PHL from DCA on 9/2. After the "welcome to PHL, local time is..." routine, she launched into the merger "creating the world's largest low-fare, full-service, blah, blah, blah" and mentioned all the new regions to be served my the merger. As others have posted, she seemed less than enthused to be making the announcement.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 1:43 pm

Programs: HP/US
Link to the HP/US video:
http://kpho.com/Global/SearchResults...+video&x=7&y=9
Old Sep 6, 2005, 2:43 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I heard the annoucement on the PA at the express gates at LGA on Sunday, and in RDU later that day.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by snokums925

So I should assume that the same video is being shown onboard HP and US flights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.