FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Golds & HP Plats soon to be pissed!?
View Single Post
Old Sep 3, 2005, 10:10 pm
fly747first
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by jerseyfinn
. . . one of the HP insiders has posted that another level will be added to DM . . .

Let's keep this statement in its proper perspective. This is not an official statement issued by HP or US. It is a FT thread which is attributed to "an insider". In other words, it's speculative, no more no less. This is not to dismiss the ideas or thoughts being discussed in the relevant HP thread.

All of us are waiting to see what is going to happen as HP and US merge their FF programs. There's a lot at stake for us DM members. My biggest fear is a devaluation of the DM program or changes which impact its flexibility. My own hope is that they retain the fundamental essence which makes the US DM program that I've stuck with.

One can see many similarities between the two programs, but there are also important differences. There's all kinds of ways to surmise/speculate about just how HP is going look at the equation.

The big picture is that they are melding a full service International carrier which has done a mediocre job of changing with the times into an already functioning discount carrier which aspires to retain that persona while growing and running with the big boys. That means mixing a lot of different types of customers and expectations into one program. I hope that HP has done their homework and obtained an accurate view of who DM members are and what we want.

Barry

Hmmmm snap out of it! First of all, the DM program is already aligned with all the Star Alliance awards and redeemption booking classes, you mean to tell me that Parker is gonna favor keeping Flight Fund and start from scratch? Pleaseeeeee...