FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta to sell ASA to Skywest for $425 million
Old Aug 16, 2005, 5:49 pm
ThisDJ

Programs: DL 1.3MM/SM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by JS
I agree completely, although if it were a personal trip, I would never pay $300 or even $200 for a short-haul (but I'm cheap).

I have overlooked plenty of NW fares that were cheaper because I hate NW. Even though I can earn Delta SkyMiles flying NW, it is not worth flying that p.o.s. airline (that will hopefully go out of business after the August 20 strike) to save a buck. I have since added US to my no-fly list (monopoly airports excepted such as DVL or LEB).

I used to avoid flying Southwest even if they were cheaper, but a couple of years ago, I broke down and tried them again and was really surprised at the good service, although to be honest it's in large part because it's all relative; the majors have cut service so much it's pretty tough to suck harder.

So, now I fly either Delta or UA, or Southwest (not often since I don't live in a WN city), sometimes AA, and that's it. AirTran, ATA, Sprit, etc., are candidates if they're cheaper but that's rare. NW and US are at the bottom because THEY SUCK.

Well do you hate NW just a little bit or a lot? WHat did they do that so pissed you off? I have used them to DTW and MEM quite a bit this year and had no problems.