FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ
Old Aug 10, 2005, 6:01 am
marquiss22

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Mr. Roboto
Yes, the JW Marriott Desert Ridge is my favorite Marriott property in Arizona, and very convenient to where my friends live. However in regards to the original poster's request, it is not in Scottsdale and probably the farthest from the Scottsdale action (which I prefer). It's large, new and there seems to be a lot of walking, especially if you self-park.

I've also stayed at the Marriott McDowell Mountains, but I consider it on the fringes of Scottsdale and a bit distant to the heart of Scottsdale, I'd probably like it more if were a golfer. The few facilities and dining options aren't as lavish nor as varied as the aforementioned JWMDR.
If you are looking for a Scottsdale property near all the dining and entertainment options of Old Town Scottsdale, try the Old Town Scottsdale Suites property on 3rd and Scottsdale Rd. Within walking distance to a ton of stuff. Otherwise go for the JW Desert Ridge. It is close to a ton of bars/restaurants and a top notch shopping area, Kierland Commons. Either way you can't lose. The Renaissance is worn and shows its age, I would avoid this property.