FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Member Gets Member- a Scam?
View Single Post
Old Jul 15, 2005, 5:41 pm
txl

Programs: AB Plat (OWE), AY Silver (OWR)
This is all very strange. Everyone seems to be getting the same answer: accounts werenīt linked due to a member-caused mistake in the process of registering for the promo.
Surprise, surprise: me too. Just under a year ago, a cousin of mine who knew I am a member and who started travelling on business was considerate enough to think of the promo, flew a lot more than enough miles - and Lufthansa refuses to credit the extra miles, giving us the same explanation everyone else here got. To top it off, they didnīt even credit him the welcome miles. I was gonna let it go, because none of us was really interested enough in those miles to waste the time - but after reading this thread I wonīt, for I now have to suspect that LH made a serious programming mistake (because we would never assume that LH tries to lure people with miles they never intended to give away, specially since they are so obliging in this matter).
BTW, when I first called LH to inquire about the missing miles, the (not too friendly) agent told me that this was a special promo for a limited time that, in his opinion, had started recently . Was happy to inform him that I got M&M new members back in the day when they didnīt even have a website!