FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 757 with winglets
View Single Post
Old Jul 7, 2005, 9:28 am
rignall

Personally I can't stand them for international routes and will consider other options in the future. I've done about 4-6 Europe flights now in this aircraft and the 757 is by far is worse than a wide body. The worst I had by far was an 8 1/2hr flight to EWR from OSL a few months ago which was 100% full. I had an aisle with a huge guy in the middle (his petite wife had the window!) so I spent the entire flight bent to my right with my shoulder in the aisle getting knocked by everything and everyone who went by. Nice guy who even apologized about his size but it was a miserable flight.

No upgrades so you’re in the back. They are smaller planes so most flights are now full with very little chance of even a middle seat open. Also, even though the seats are basically the same as a coach wide body the single aisle plane feels much more cramped being much narrower. At least a wide body feels more open.

When I fly a CO wide body I’m now elated and feel rewarded, much like the feeling I used to have when I used to get my Platinum upgrades. My apologies for the rant…