FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Open-jaw tickets not permitted on Song's site.
Old Jul 7, 2005, 5:37 am
RSSrsvp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Open-jaw tickets not permitted on Song's site.

Well here we go again.

1) Song's website does not allow you the option of booking an open-jaw ticket. In fact a multi-city booking feature is totally absent.

2) The vast majority of the mileage promotions that I have seen so far for Song are only valid (stated in the T&C) if you book them on Song's website.
If you book the same itinerary on DL's site you will not receive the bonus miles.

3) Many of us in NYC have a choice of LGA & JFK as well as FLL & PBI that will work equally well for us in our selection process. In the past, I have routed myself JFK-FLL for my outbound and PBI-LGA for my return either because of the departure times and/or the price of fare. In addition, now that JFK-SFO is being added to the Song schedule, it will be a fairly common practice for a person to desire an open-jaw like JFK-LAX & SFO-JFK.

Therefore based on the above I contacted Song and inquired why they don't have a multi-city booking option on their site. I have copied the emails in this exchange that have been sent to date.

================================================== =======

Original Message Follows:
------------------------

Name : Rssrsvp

Comments:
Why don't you have a multi-city reservations page like Delta & every other airline site has? Often times I wish to fly into either FLL or PBI and depart from the other airport. In addition the same holds true for either LGA or JFK.

================================================== ======

Hello Mr. Rssrsvp,

Thank you for contacting us.

In order to make a purchase on Song as easy as possible all fares are one-way. To assist our guests, we do have the option to purchase round-trip travel available as a large percentage of our guests are traveling back and forth to the same city.

To introduce the option to either return to a different city or come back from a different city (an open-jaw in airline lingo) would require us to complicate the purchase process to accommodate a small percentage of people. We would really rather not do that, so if your travel plans require this option the easiest way to do it is to purchase two separate one-way trips or purchase your air segments via delta.com .

We appreciate you checking in with Song.

Carolyn,
Song Guest Services
www.flysong.com

All Song flights are operated by Delta Air Lines

================================================== ======

Dear Carolyn,

Song has reached out to the public with various mileage bonus promotions that require you to purchase tickets only on the Song website. If I were to make a purchase on Delta's site (which I know how to do) I would not receive any credit for these bonus miles. Song should either add Delta's site as being eligible in the terms & conditions for their promotions or give customers the ability to purchase open-jaw tickets (in "frequent traveler" - Gold Medallion lingo).

You stated, "To assist our guests, we do have the option to purchase round-trip travel available as a large percentage of our guests are traveling back and forth to the same city."

Well the last time that I checked, both LGA and JFK and in the same city. In addition FLL and PBI are also considered sister airports as they are only 30 minutes away from each other. Therefore, as the NYC-Florida routes are one of your most important markets, it would seem only logical to people that do decide to purchase a ticket on Song, that you do offer us the ability to book open-jaw tickets. That in my book would be an excellent example of how to assist your guests.

By the way, there is a simple reason why I didn't opt to purchase 2 one way tickets on Song's website. Only an idiot or a totally inexperienced traveler would make this mistake. Everyone knows that if you do, you will be given a boarding pass that has the "SSSS" stamp on it which singles you out for an extensive TSA inspection.

Therefore instead of only telling me what you can currently do, I urge you to pass this email on to Joanne Smith's office for further review. In addition, you may ask Liz Lotter in your Guest Relations department whether I am crazy for making such a logical request.

Sincerely yours,
Rssrsvp

================================================== =======

Dear Mr. Rssrsvp,

We appreciate your additional comments about flysong.com. We are continually working to make our website as easy to work with as possible.

We will send your comments on to the web people. They welcome any and all comments on the site that they can get.

Again, thank you for writing. We appreciate your selection of Song and will always welcome the opportunity to be of service.

Kate,
Song Guest Services
www.flysong.com

All Song flights are operated by Delta Air Lines