FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NWA Silver Elite Worth It?
View Single Post
Old Jun 30, 2005, 9:17 am
peachfront

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
whoot! it's well worth it for this silver!

I'm ex-MSY but needless to say I am frequently routed through DTW and I have been very happy with the upgrades. Since acheiving status I've only missed one uprade on one leg (MSP-LAS) and of course there are no upgrades on the CRJs but other than that it has been great. Many upgrades come at the gate. I also got upgraded on the one Continental trip I've taken since turning Silver.

Unfortunately they *just* switched the first class breakfast to a truly nasty Egg McMuffin type fake egg and sausage thingy that I can't eat so the advantage of not having to haul along my breakfast because I have an upgrade is all over with. Maybe if enough of us complain they'll change it back to something edible? But that's my only real gripe.

I just ran the numbers and after my next trip in July, I will be only 406 miles away from Gold. If Gold really does get you substantially more I would be completely bowled over. Time will tell.

Originally Posted by bowdenj
This is my first year with NW Silver and I'd say it is definitely worth it. I hit silver a few months ago and almost always get upgraded BUT I'm mostly flying for work - Friday - Sunday so perhaps upgrades are easier on those days.

Lots of First seats on NW flight vs. US flights.