FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NWA Silver Elite Worth It?
View Single Post
Old Jun 30, 2005, 8:28 am
BobH

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by Bran28
Enjoyed reading all the posts for so long! Now i decided to sign up and I got my first questions for all of you who are the experts at this! I would say I fly 8-10 times a year now, mostly to FLL. I would say once I get the Silver Elite on NWA I would be able to maintain it. My question I guess is two parts. One is it worth it for someone like me, as some years I will have to take "extra flights". And two this year I will fall about 6K short.(took 4 flights on Spirit, I know DUMB!)would it be worth it for me to try to get it this year? (I have 10,111 now with 3 first class flights to FLL still to come in 2005) Thanks A LOT!!!!!!!!!!
We live about half way between DTW and FNT and last year we were booked on an evening flight where it was cost effective to do FNT-MSP rather than DTW-FNT. Our flight on an RJ got scrubbed due to a mechanical problem and everyone had to rebook with the GA for the next day. He put us on a flight out of DTW that got us to MSP on time for our event and put us in FC and rebooked our return so that it was to DTW, not FNT (where our car wouldn't have been) !

The fact we are SE may have helped, but you never know for sure.

Bob H