FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NWA Silver Elite Worth It?
View Single Post
Old Jun 30, 2005, 7:53 am
RTG

Programs: SWA - DL - Diamond - 1MM, A List, Marriott - Plat - Lifetime, AmEx - Plat, AAA, Avis - Preferred
Originally Posted by Bran28
Enjoyed reading all the posts for so long! Now i decided to sign up and I got my first questions for all of you who are the experts at this! I would say I fly 8-10 times a year now, mostly to FLL. I would say once I get the Silver Elite on NWA I would be able to maintain it. My question I guess is two parts. One is it worth it for someone like me, as some years I will have to take "extra flights". And two this year I will fall about 6K short.(took 4 flights on Spirit, I know DUMB!)would it be worth it for me to try to get it this year? (I have 10,111 now with 3 first class flights to FLL still to come in 2005) Thanks A LOT!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome. I would generally say it is worth it. However, if you normally buy first class tickets, you won't be as concerned with the upgrades. What you will find the best value are the points. You can use them to obtain a ticket some where you would not normally go. Maybe like a first class ticket to Europe.