FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NWA Silver Elite Worth It?
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2005, 11:31 pm
Bran28

Programs: Delta Plat, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by DHAST
From where? What are you looking for in elite status? The upgrades for silvers are hit and miss. Some routes/flights you will never get them, and some routes/flights you might almost always get them. You also have the ability to prereserve an exit row/bulkhead seat on any skyteam carrier. Silver allows access to F checkin lines but not elite security lines for whatever reason. Remember, buy actually buying F tickets, you will get a 150% EQM bonus, so be sure to figure that into your calcuations.

In some senses, I was sort of hesistant to push for silver this year, because I didn't want to spend the extra dough just to figure out that I would never get an upgrade. I flew two roundtrips out of LAX so far this year where all 4 of my segments cleared. I just flew one this week where NO segments cleared (but I was told after the fact that if I would have taken the next MSP-LAX flight, that my upgrade had cleared. Darn ) My total upgrades for the year are in the 50+ plus bracket, and quite a few are to/from LAX, so it's not like I'm counting a bunch of DTW-BDL and DTW-ROC types and never clearing LAX. In fact, I'm finding that my MKE flights (with the exception of the LAX nonstop) are as hard to clear as the hub-LAX flights.

Ok. So when the upgrade fails, I've almost always been able to secure an exit row/bulkhead. So yeah, I'd say it's worth it.
Thanks! for the advice so far! I am in DTW didnt say that so its pretty much a NW world!