FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No More Tickets in House!
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2005, 6:12 pm
craz
Suspended

i personally dont know or really even care who has to shoulder the burden. all that should count is that Taca has been accepting and making the res for using GP miles and they should hold up their end. GP does NOT have their own tkt stock (meaning GP is not a Carrier and does not issue its own tkts), we were told that we had until 6/30/2005 to exchange our miles into tkts and that we could use them ONLY on Taca/Lacsa and not even Avitaca so Ill to buy a r/t on Avitaca to get to/from Flores(Tikal) its $122 r/t and will allow me to extend the expiration of my Distancia miles so that will work for me.

so if at any time Taca wasnt going to honor its part by issuing the tkts they should have said so, so that we didnt have to go nuts trying to find flights and make land arrangements.

I happen to like Taca/Lacsa flight times as they get me into the LA Countries early so I have time to do something that day and leave late in the day back to NY so I get a full day again down there. The US carriers get you in late in the day and then they turn the aircraft right around and it comes back early, so you lose the day going and coming back. so I can leave on a Sun and return on a Thurs and Ill have 4 1/2 days to do things. With a US carrier all I get is 3 full days.

heading down to SA the US carriers are better as its a non-stop or a 1 stopper while TA/LR it takes 3 to 4 flights and alot more time as you must go via their LIM hub.

i do hope we are all worrying over nothing and that GT doesnt drop the ball on this one , but accepts its responsibilities on this one as it was them and not GP to whom we had to make the reservations and it was GT that in fact made the res and gave us the Record Locators. We do NOT have GP record locators but GT locators