FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Shower at/near HNL? [Shower Tree now closed]" thread
Old Jun 23, 2005, 9:35 am
SAT Lawyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by N227UA
When I visted there last time in April, I extremely wanted to swim, but I couldn't becuase of shower issue.
The Shower Tree is the answer to this problem. Enjoy a full day at the beach. Then shower and freshen up right before you get to the airport. Two birds killed with one stone: you don't lose valuable beach time and you will be very fresh and clean for your redeye (by the time you land, you will be less than 12 hours removed from your last shower, not 24).

Originally Posted by N227UA
Would care to tell me which is the best beach in Oahu for you?
IMHO (in order):
(1) Makapu'u (southeast Oahu; good bodysurfing; picturesque lighthouse and scenery);
(2) Lanikai (east/southeast Oahu; beautiful view, especially at sunrise; tranquil waters);
(3) Waimea (North Shore; plenty of sand; calm in the summer; treacherous in the winter, but great for watching big wave surfing); and
(4) Sandy (southeast Oahu; good bodysurfing, but watch the dangerous shorebreak; nice for sunbathing).