FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pilots vote "NO" to 787s and 777s
View Single Post
Old Jun 20, 2005, 4:43 pm
parnel
At Large

[QUOTE=Overwing][COLOR=Navy]
Growth Flex provisions are still apart of the contract, not touched one iota through CCAA, that is why this deal for more hours was so perplexing. There is no need for this, other than greed.
What you and other union types call greed is nothing more than an attempt to take more of the companies profits and put them in your pockets.they spend a lot of time putting business plans together that will give them the returns shareholders need to keep investing in the Company. They have a competitive environment to deal with as well.and what pisses me off about unions is that they just look out for themselves because the employer is forced to deal with them even in a situation that is patently unfair to the company. Union issues both monetary and productivity wise have killed off just about all the legacy carriers and you continue to hammer away at wages that are not economical in this market place. That is why I applaud guys like Milton and his board for drawing a line in the sand.

The seniority issue need a little clarification as well. The CIRB has changed the goalposts so many times here it is pathetic. The second award was to based upon principles in D183, and it fails miserably. The problem added to it is the fact that the CIRB refuses to look at this award as it applies to D183 (which they said was a condition of D183). Again tehy are changing the rules.

And the company has to pay the price for this so called inequity?

Justice Dawsons recent decision (although it was a very long shot apparantly) was surprising as well. It seems more concerned with the time this process has taken rather than justice itself. Now I have a real problem with that, and everybody in this country affected or not should as well.
Again why is the company paying for your disapointment with the system.

I am not blaming the company for this mess
But you clearly are by voting against their well thought out expansion plans

although if they wished to get involved as is their right why did they feel the need to tie more concessions to it ?? That is not cricket.

Concessions are the only way they can operate these craft profitably and I have not seen a union response that supports the company's need to make a profit. All I see and hear from you is that concessions have gone too far with out any reasoning or thoughts about the industry and its economic status.
Again , if you don't like the way the company or the system operates why not leave and go where you're wanted.