FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pilots vote "NO" to 787s and 777s
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2005, 11:50 am
parnel
At Large

Originally Posted by negotiator
Parnel,

You don't make any sence (i.e. the Company should not move on its agreement as the problem is an internal union one).

By it's very definition this is an internal problem and therefore it's incumbant on AC executive to attempt any, and all, solutions to get what the need (the Boeings) for the Company, it's emplyees, it's shareholders and, the PAX.

Its spelled "SENSE" by the way

Internal union problems should be resolved by the membership not the company. You are asking the Company to cave in and make the chauvinists in the union look good so they can do it again come contract time. Its simply time this union pays the price for its stupidity and arrogance.

In a free market economy where there are many more qualified job seekers than jobs available there should be open hiring and no protection for seniority. This union has created an artifical barrier to real costs and its time they fully understand it.
AC can find a solution if they want to go around the unions and get really dirty but my sense is they are going to let them wallow in their own dirt for awhile. And that is the best approach right now; consistent management of operating costs until the union gets its message that they no longer dictate the terms of employment.
AC negotiated in good faith with the union and struck an agreement that must have made sense to the union executive as they strongly recommended it get ratified so its obvious there is no common sense left among a large contingent of pilots including the ones who abstained from the vote. Its too bad the union execeutive does not have the balls to force the issue among their members and maybe some polling among the total group might yield some results that will allow them to do that. The pilots want the new aricraft as badly or more so than AC because it will give a lot of quick promotions to junior pilots once the planes are all delivered.
If they are simply all hotheads like our MTacchi then I can see the problem more clearly.

Last edited by parnel; Jun 19, 2005 at 11:52 am