FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pilots vote "NO" to 787s and 777s
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2005, 4:59 am
parnel
At Large

[QUOTE=negotiator] The members rejected it, plain and simple!

And the airline cancelled an airplane order that means much to the pilots so let it sit. Pilots don't want it so we(AC) won't buy because the economics are no longer any good. That's the way it should stand; no more negotiations.

That's the difference between a succesful and un-successful negotiator. I've never heard AC say that the setllement was their 'final' offer nor have I heard that AC said they would not negotiate beyond this point. There's a deal here but it's going to take some patience and non-threating language to get it. For the sake of all concerned, everyone must be willing to go the distance and exhaust all means to come up with a package that will ratify.
Union and management agreed on a deal so lets live with the results.....no more blackmail from that union

It seems to me that on this issue MB is showing the most leadership on the issue and that's whats needed to consumate a deal

I hope RM backs him away from any more negotiating and I hope Boeing sells those plane manufacturing slots tomorrow.

It can't happen...the existing legislation would not permit it and you just can't change the Canada Labour Code as you suggest. The act is frought with political compromise and would never be amended in time and especially in a minority government situation

Agree, except for one point.....I believe the government could make an order in council type of decision to suspend the union and allow the company flight rights with a "newco". This government just does not have the cojones to do it. The decision could be based on national interest,etc.