FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Introduces Business1
View Single Post
Old Jun 14, 2005, 12:15 pm
milepig
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by catwood
Convenient gates
Now finding your gate at the airport should be a breeze. Business1 flights will depart from our most preferred gates. From Chicago O'Hare, you'll depart from terminal 1, Concourse B.
DCA/LGA/BOS already depart from B, MSP is actually good news, that is usually from the depths of C in my experience. Can't speak about the others.

Guaranteed arrival times
You need to get where you're going on time. That's why Business1 arrival times are guaranteed. If your flight arrives 30 minutes or more past the scheduled arrival time, regardless of reason, we'll give you 500 Redeemable Miles*. To participate in this bonus offer, you must be registered within seven days of your flight.
Does this guarantee include the numerous flights they cancel due to "mechanical problems" when they don't have enough pax to fill the planes?

Complimentary newspapers and meals
United FirstŪ and Economy PlusŪ passengers can enjoy complimentary newspapers on flights departing at or before 10am, Monday through Friday. A complimentary meal is now being served in United First during meal times on all Business1 flights, except Minneapolis.
I've been getting newspapers on these flights (off and on) for some time and I don't think this is any change to the meal policy.

And, as on every United flight, our most frequent customers can stretch out in comfort with up to five extra inches of legroom in our Economy Plus section, if available.
This is news?

All in all, a big huge yawn. Sorry UAL, gotta do better than this!