FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Parmelia Hilton Perth {AUS}
View Single Post
Old Jun 10, 2005, 10:45 am
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
Stayed here recently, end of May. We are Diamond. Upon check-in, didn’t ask for anything special, knowing the difficulties people here have had. But was very pleasantly told we were upgraded to a King room (booked Queen, hoping for this). I thanked them. Later, they sent a A$65 bottle of sparkling wine (instead of the usual wine) up to the room. Quite satisfied, all in all (as noted elsewhere, no Exec Lounge here).

They do not supply breakfast when upgraded, a policy we understood. But if you exit the hotel, turn right and cross St. George’s Terrace, there is an Irish Café which we really enjoyed – very short walk.

Things were good until check-out. Noticed no bill under the door. Called down, asking what happened to Zip check-out. Was told “we only do that for Friday night stays, and upon request at checkin.” This is the FIRST time I can remember not having the Zip checkout be automatic – easy checkin and checkout is a benefit that I value very highly.

They also charged us $3 more/day for the valet parking than we expected, but made the change when I showed them a copy of the Confirmation of the booking.