FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BYOM: Bring Your Own Magazines
View Single Post
Old Jun 1, 2005, 5:34 am
kaiserjoeicem

Programs: DL
The Knight-Ridder story also has a glance with the article stating NW might begin charging (is testing in Seattle now) $2 for the handling of checked bags curbside.

Bad, bad idea. Already enough folks are lugging carry-ons that don't belong on a plane and cramming them into the overhead compartment (God forbid people use the space in front of the seat). I can't imagine how bad it will get if Mr. & Mrs. John Q. Public, with their 2.5 kids, attempt to carry on bags for their week's vacation at Granny's.

Personally, I have never read an in-flight magazine other than the airlines' own -- too outdated, poor selection -- and wouldn't think of flying w/o bringing my own in-flight entertainment.

Pet peeve: the wording of "free drinks." I don't view any of the amenenities as being "free." Sure, there's no additional charge, but when I have coughed up $300 for a plane ticket, I consider the small bag of pretzels and the half-can of soft drink something I have already paid for. Ditto for the baggage handling.