FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why don't F passengers 'button' their napkins?
Old May 30, 2005, 10:15 pm
Sam - DFW

Programs: Former AA EXP/2M Lifetime now Blackballed UA Premier Executive PWP Bronze
My seatmate did this the other day. He was somewhat older than me; I had never seen someone do this on the plane; I thought it was old school. I was aware of the button hole, knew it's purpose, but I had never seen someone take AAdvantage of the button hole.

I am MUCH more concerned about the pants. The seating configuration is not ideal and is worsened by a-holes in front of me not putting their chairs forward during the meal. I place my napkin on the sliding tray table, extend it to my person and place it onto my belly. It makes a U-shaped catchers mitt for the food that doesn't seem to stay on the plastic ware. The consistency of the AA food is very hit-or-miss, and I would hate to have a limp vegetable fall off the utensil and into my lap.

That being said, I can’t remember any food landing on the napkin. I guess it’s just some strange phobia I have. Nobody wants a bite from a messy southwestern omelet to end up splattered on their pants.

Sam