FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DFW Connection Time 36 Min. on Labor Day. Advice?
Old May 23, 2005, 9:42 am
ctuttle

Programs: DL Gold, UA Ag Muti-year WN Companion Pass, A+, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat Ntl EmExElite
It it were me I'd book the hour later flight. I haven't been to DFW since they new SkyLink, but I always seemed to arrive on one end of the airport with my connection being on the other end, and even when my arrival was on time it was a battle to get to the other gate. Checked bags? I've had issues with bags not making it with an hour connection.

The other problem is at times the DFW-LAX flights are seriously overbooked, especially in the evening. If you miss your earlier connection there might not be any seats on the later flight and you will be stuck in DFW until the morning flight.

You might get lucky where your flight to LAX is a couple of gates down from your arrival gate, or your connection flight arrives next to the Tram Station and your departure is right by the tram station. However it could go the other way and 36 minutes isn't much time at DFW for a connection, and if you factor in delays it gets worse.

Everyone has their own comfort zone in travel, 36 minutes at DFW isn't mine, especially when I could book one an hour later and not have to run and if I'm lucky I'd be the last one to board.