FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 25% Off Starpoint Redemption
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2005, 9:22 pm
ILUVCITIBANK

Location: SWUSA / AA PLAT, SPG PLAT, AMEX CENTURION, HHONORS Diamond
I fully admit I received the email, but am a tad disappointed at the very BRIEF window as the promo was designed. With a household move going on at my home, and a very busy week as schools are ending and kids going in all directions already....we did not have the time, nor take the time, last week to stop and do "vacation planning" in response to this promo. And if we had, it might well have been set to end on TODAY, Sunday, not on a SAT (i rather think a SUN night might be more typical and desireable SUSPENSE from a customer's perspective)...so darts to spg for ending a promo on a SAT night at midnight for pete's sake...and double darts for a short-fuse, email only promo like this (email is getting to be a poor communications technique in terms of dependability - read the trade rags in the IR industry). Yes, the gesture was nice...but who thought this one up ? Looks almost like one of those silly AMEX-inspired double points promos...you know...the ones where AMEX was setting up min spending thresholds that exceeded cardholders' credit lines. Duh.

Gosh...I get postcards for spg promos all over the world, and timeshares,, and such, so I know the "junk mail" hard mail system works fine...seems spg could have sent out a 35¢ postcard and given us more than a week to work plans out. Internal email systems are robust, protected, and useful...relying on external emails, single notice, when time and time again we know the system is fraight w/ problems (spam, spam catchers, spy vs spy, fraud, et al)...is an odd way to run a business and to thanks us PLATS for supporting spg in the freddys. Methings a combination of email and postcard mail alerts would have been called for here.

One could almost say this promo was designed to see how *few* would actually take them up on the offer. A sort of "minimalist" promotion...so they could say they offered it, but, alas, few took them up on it.

Oh well.

Last edited by ILUVCITIBANK; May 24, 2005 at 5:47 am