FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New to flying with baby
View Single Post
Old May 16, 2005, 12:34 pm
cp5

SirW Did you have a seat for your toddler?

I am planning a trip san francisco to london in July with my husband! We regret we waited until the last minute but the prices for seats or ridicoulous at this point. We are planning to take our 13 month old son and I wanted a seat for him but am not willing to pay $1000 for one. So I'm thinking of not going now or taking my chances and traveling with him on my and dh's lap! Sometimes there are empty seats but July is a peak time to travel so there may not be.

Anyhow just wondering if you had a seat or how you managed.

Thanks,

CP

QUOTE=SirWomble]Hi
As everyone says just relax and have fun on the flight...

I have just completed a return UK to New Zealand holiday (about 30 hours flight time each way) with my 3 boys (11,9, and 1.5) and believe me we had far more trouble with the older two than baby...

My partner is not a good flyer, so baby ended up on my lap for most of the flight and he just slept, woke up, ate, played with the seat-TV control, slept again...

The older boys kept having problems with the games on their seat-TVs and of course as they got tired, the more noxious they became ...

However once they too fell asleep they woke as little angels
...well for about 5 mins anyway...

As mentioned by other posters as long as baby has something to either eat or drink during takeoff and landing then you should be fine...
We tried lollipops at first but quickly went back to his bottle...

Also premixed formula is only way to go...

And remember pack a change of clothes for baby in you carry-on in case of little accidents...

@:-) Hmm thinking about my shirt also pack a change for yourself as well...
(mushy banana and milk slowly fermenting on my top for 20 hours... )

Ok starting to waffle now so I'll go away...

Good luck ^ :-:

PS Both Cabin crew and other passengers were excellent on all flights...[/QUOTE]