FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - spg.com website down / broken / issues / login problems ? Post Here!
Old May 13, 2005, 9:38 pm
KathyWdrf
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Glad you asked. Yes, it is worthwhile and I am currently working with the web gurus on a way to get things addressed in a quick and timely manner, whenever the problem is on our end.

To that end, going forward, all we really need to know from anyone experiencing a problem is 'when' and 'what'! You will need to report the time and date (Eastern time US is best) the incident occurred as well as what you were doing at the time, and a starting URL is always helpful.

When I am in the office and notice these, I will be forwarding them to the web gurus. When I am not in the office, I will forward them when I return. There may never be a situation where I am able to tell you what the problem was/is and what was done to resolve it, but hopefully, this will give the web gurus some additional feedback and make the sites more pleasant to use from a customer aspect.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
I think the shortcoming of using this forum to try to fix the website is that most people on this thread (and in general) tend to give such vague descriptions of problems that it will be hard to reproduce and fix them; and/or the problem is intermittent and not reproducible, as in the case of a lot of the ones recently described on this thread, most especially if the web gurus don't see the problem description until hours, or days, after the occurrence.