FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels at Los Angeles Airport LAX, California {US-CA}
Old May 4, 2005, 6:20 pm
sorearm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Plat, AA Gold, Priority Club Gold, WN Comp Pass, Hertz PC
Hilton LAX is getting better

Com'on, Hilton LAX isn't that bad anymore, in fact, I would prefer to go there now.

The place used to be a dump, but not any more.

They are remodelling the rooms and the new rooms are nice. The new beds rivals the Westin's Heavenly beds, IMHO, and I think the fabrics are even nicer than the Westin's. The new working chair is also very ergonomic and comfortable. The shower is always hot and with high water pressure. They also put in 25" new TVs.

If you are elite, go for level 13 or 14, there are free bottled waters in the rooms. Lower levels have $5(or is it $6.50?) a bottle Evians on the table. I've consumed one before they put on the price signs and was not charged.

Their lounge on the 16th floor is okay, with pastry/fruits breakfast in the morning and hot appetizer between 5 and 7pm. The only drawback is that beer is a whopping $7 a bottle, but all nonalcoholic beverages are free all day.

I've never stayed at the ES North or South, from what I hear the ES South is good, but I doubt the beds can be as comfortable as the new beds at Hilton LAX with the down comforters.